cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 39.4.49

Stable Build 39.4.49

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

10 Replies 10

ernstMreicher58
Super User

WOW - almost 800 visits of this uninformative tread.

Hey guys, what are you looking for???? 

wwandy
New member | Level 2
Changelog actually

ernstMreicher58
Super User

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

That´s really very informative......

Mark
Super User II
I actually think its really sad that Dropbox have totally and utterly killed the whole beta community they'd built up (while alienating and lying to customers) over the whole change log thing.

I also think its madness they've got to nearly v40 without hardly ANY improvements or new features within the clients!

David R.56
Helpful | Level 5

My iMac runs Mac OS 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. If I click the Offline Installer link I am told

Update your computer
     To run the Dropbox desktop application, you’ll need OS X 10.9 or higher.

But then a day or so later Dropbox automatically updates itself to 39.4.49. If I right-click the application and choose Show Package Contents and then open Info.plist in Property List Editor, the Mimimum system version is shown as 10.6. It seems to run fine.

Why do you tell me I can't download 39,4,49, and then it gets automatically updated to that a day later? All this does is prevent me from having an installer, so my other Macs running 10.6.8 have to wait for Dropbox to update itself rather than have me take the installer to them. I like to keep them all using the same version of Dropbox. All this seems to make no sense whatsoever.

Anaid C.
Dropbox Staff

Hi David, 

We're in the process of ending support for OS X 10.6 and other OS versions. As part of this process we have been blocking new download and installs since November 3rd. This will prevent new users from installing the application in an OS that will not be supported anymore in 2 months and cause them last minute scrambles. 

Support for existing users - like you - will not end until January 16th of 2018. Until that day, both the application and auto-updates for all our builds (beta, stable) will continue to work for existing installations.

You can read more about it here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/computer-os-not-supported

wwandy
New member | Level 2

Can you guys include that type of information in a changelog for each release it applies to? This is the stuff we need to know

Mark
Super User II
Oh wwandy how we'd all love that!

Fortune
New member | Level 2

Installer always crash with Windows 8.1 (encountered error 2), screenshot in attachment...dropbox crash.jpg

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

thomas l.14 Collaborator | Level 10
    Fortune New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    wwandy New member | Level 2
    Anaid C. Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?