cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn about how Kev uses Dropbox to make sure he keeps track of all the new music he listens to? Check out his tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox desktop upload KILLS my o2 DSL connection, times out constantly (Berlin)

Re: Dropbox desktop upload KILLS my o2 DSL connection, times out constantly (Berlin)

lsopp
New member | Level 2
FIX IT

Re: Dropbox desktop upload KILLS my o2 DSL connection, times out constantly (Berlin)

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey  lsopp

Thanks for your detailed description & the screenshots here! 

To further investigate the matter with you, I’d like to ask you to raise a ticket with our team. This way, we'll be able to access your account's details and send over the relevant follow-up steps accordingly. Once you do, please let me know a ticket ID in your reply, so that I search up your request internally on our system and make sure a colleague handles it soon. 

Thanks in advance & I'll be awaiting your follow-up, so that we work on that together! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

lsopp
New member | Level 2

Will do.. I still need to be able to limit the upload on my mobile and my ipad...

I did a bit more research.. So I have ADSL2 + home service which is asymetrical..  so I only get about 800kbps upload 😞  I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from bufferbloat on my modem.. crappy Sagem supplied by Optus, so I can't do any QOS etc... 

found out about this when I did a Youtube upload on my PC and killed my internet download.. So I downloaded a few tools and could see my upload congesting, i.e. running at full 800kbps. Ditto when I allow Dropbox to upload photos from my mobile phone..   

Anyhow I found a way around YouTube congesting by using Chrome Inspect / Network presets or custom setting to limit the upload to YouTube..   

so now I just need something similar for Dropbox on my mobile phone and Ipad

p.s.  I wont be getting high speed NBN til late next year at this point in time ..

lsopp
New member | Level 2
**bleep** I think I had a case open already and I just raised another.. here is the lastest one with all the details above.. #7061724

lsopp
New member | Level 2
Woot it **bleep** my d*mn that is not a swear word FFS hahahaha
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lsopp New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?