cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for Salesforce - not able to create visualforce page for custom object

Dropbox for Salesforce - not able to create visualforce page for custom object

DerMews96
Explorer | Level 3

I wanted to create a visualforce page for a custom object but I am not able to reference the dropbox component, as its namespace prefix is to loong (16 characters, 15 are allowed).

Someone has experience with this issue?

4 Replies 4

Re: Dropbx for Salesforce - not able to create visualforce page for custom object

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hi there @DerMews96, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of what you see when you try to reference Dropbox, when creating a VisualForce page?

Thanks.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbx for Salesforce - not able to create visualforce page for custom object

DerMews96
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Hannah,

if I try to include the component like this: <c:Dropbox_for_SF__Dropbox/> I get the following error: "Error: Namespace length cannot exceed 15 chars".
That's no wonder as "Dropbox_for_SF" is the namespace prefix. No other app uses such a long prefix. And the two mandatory underscores are counted on top.

BR

Hendrik

Hannah
Dropboxer
Thanks for the update here, Hendrick!

Can I actually reach out to you via email, so we can look into this in more detail?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DerMews96
Explorer | Level 3

Sure.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DerMews96 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?