cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does your organization organize their files as a team?

How does your organization organize their files as a team?

Cat12
Explorer | Level 3

What works best for y'all's organization when it comes to file organization as a team?

2 Replies 2

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @Cat12, I hope you're doing well!

I moved your post from our Support Group, to our Tips & tricks group, in order for other members of our Community to share their thoughts with you. 

If you have any specific questions, or if there's something that I can help you with, let me know and I'll be more than happy to.

Thank you!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @Cat12,

Thanks very much for posting here on the Dropbox Community! This is a great question, and one that probably has a million different answers based on the needs of the organization. Personally, I like to organize my files by project. At the start of every year, I'll create a new folder and while roadmapping I'll create sub-folders for each of the major projects I have coming up, and then more sub-folders inside those breaking each project down into it's various parts. Then, I can share folders, or sub-folders with team members as and how I need to. I guess this is more from a personal point of view, but I think it could be scaled for teams and potentially an organization. 

We've also been using Stack quite a lot on Dropbox Dash, this is an AI-enhanced organizational feature that allows users to collect and organize various types of content in one place. They’re similar to folders or playlists, only you can group things like emails, links, documents, and stuff that normally doesn't live together, all in the same place. This makes it really easy to maintain control, and access and share your most important content. They're great for collaboration, and keeping everything organized.

Hopefully this helps, and I'm also really interested to hear how some of our other Community members are organizing their files.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Graham

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Graham Community Manager
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?