cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard not updating when uploading new files and when creating new folders

Dashboard not updating when uploading new files and when creating new folders

vManeva
New member | Level 2

Hi. I'm using the web version of DropBox and when I create new folder the dashboard does not update. I can see the notification that the folder has been created but cannot see it on the dashboard. I have to refresh the browser to see my changes.

The same happens when I upload files using drag  & drop and when I delete a file. The dashboard does not update.

I'm using Google Chrome browser Version 61.0.3163.100

Really appreciate your help because it is very annoying.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dashboard not updating when uploading new files and when creating new folders

Rich
Super User II

It's working fine for me in Chrome v61.0.3163.100. Have you tried clearing your cache/browsing history yet? Or disabled any extensions that may be interfering?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Re: Dashboard not updating when uploading new files and when creating new folders

Rich
Super User II

It's working fine for me in Chrome v61.0.3163.100. Have you tried clearing your cache/browsing history yet? Or disabled any extensions that may be interfering?

vManeva
New member | Level 2

What are the types of extensions that may interfere? I've tried it on several different laptops, no extenstions and it still doesn't update the view.  

jp0
New member | Level 2

Was this ever answered -- I'm having the same issue in Chrome?

jkm
New member | Level 2

Having the exact same problem. Have to refresh every time. This is on my desktop as well as my laptop.

@jp0 wrote:

Was this ever answered -- I'm having the same issue in Chrome?

Championship P.
Explorer | Level 4

Clearing the cache and browing history improved performance for me. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Championship P. Explorer | Level 4
    jkm New member | Level 2
    jp0 New member | Level 2
    vManeva New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?