cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't attach files to emails using the Gmail app

Dropbox attachment in gmail

erlend w.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

When I try to add an attachment from dropbox to a mail in gmail, I receive a message in gmail "can not upload the file". This error occurs only on one smartphone with android 12. If I do the same , with the same dropbox and google account, on an other android phone (android 11 )or an android tablet, there is no problem. Both phones have the same app version of gmail

251 Replies 251

Marko Grubac
Helpful | Level 6
I have the same problem, and a lot of other people and Dropbox knows that. They should wix this problem immediately

Marko Grubac
Helpful | Level 6
Still having this problem. Is there anybody there who can help us?
Dropbox??

erlend w.
Helpful | Level 6

Complete silence!! No solution in sight from dropbox??

RMadruga
Helpful | Level 6
Nothing. I've been exchanging mails with suport, but so far just basic questions concerning everything we have already tried.

Marko Grubac
Helpful | Level 6
They gave same answers to me as well. I hope they will show up with some answers?
Dropbox??

VickiBurbank
Helpful | Level 6

I'm not very techie so don't know the OS on my phone or the dropbox app version.  I have tried attaching files from my laptop and they will only allow me to attached a link, versus attaching the file.  I don't know if both of these changes happened at the same time or not but might get that is that case.

Marko Grubac
Helpful | Level 6
Anything?

RMadruga
Helpful | Level 6

Got this answer:

Richard, Jul 24, 2023, 3:56 AM PDT:

Hi Rita!

Thank you for the confirmation! Just to inform you that the issue appears to be exclusive to Android Devices, However, because the Outlook app is working, I suspect this might be a Google issue rather than Dropbox, however, I am more than happy to bring this to the attention of Android Developers and seek clarification on the issue if that is something you wish to proceed with?

Best
Richard
The Dropbox Team

erlend w.
Helpful | Level 6
A lot of community members would like to see a SOLUTION to this attachment problem.

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Hi all,

Just to let you know that our team is looking into this, and we'll update you as soon as we have news.

Thanks for your patience! 

Need more support?