cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "Edit" icon on Microsoft Office files in Dropbox mobile app

No "Edit" icon on Microsoft Office files in Dropbox mobile app

WeedMonkey
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

According to Dropbox support article, I should see an "edit" icon (pencil-and-paper icon) when I open a Microsoft Office document from within the Dropbox Mobile app on my iPad Pro. I don’t see the icon. 

I can open and save Office files stored in Dropbox by opening them from within the Word, Excel, etc. app. I just can’t open them into Word from the Dropbox app. 

Suggestions will I’ll be appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@WeedMonkey wrote:

According to Dropbox support article, I should see an "edit" icon (pencil-and-paper icon) when I open a Microsoft Office document from within the Dropbox Mobile app on my iPad Pro. I don’t see the icon.

Dropbox is rather slow when it comes to updating the documentation, specifically when a visual element has changed but the functionality is the same. The icon you're looking for looks like this now...

76063d53f6223f83d30cc723c56407e9.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, could you create a test Office file and preview it in your mobile app and send us a screenshot of what you see when you tap the file once?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

WeedMonkey
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Jay, I’m having problems sending the screen capture. I keep getting "An unexpected error occurred" when I try to attach the file (that's as opposed to an expected error, I suppose? 😊).

I've tried attaching the file in Safari for iPad and in Firefox for Windows, with the same result. 

On Safari for iPad, I click on the Choose File box in my Reply, then maneuver to the photos on my iPad and click on the screenshot file. 

On Firefox for Windows, I drag the file onto the box on the Reply window.

So, two platforms, two different browsers, same result. I guess I need a little guidance on what I’m doing wrong. 

Thanks. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Try adding the file using this button in the post field.

Attach photo.jpg

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@WeedMonkey wrote:

Dropbox is rather slow when it comes to updating the documentation, specifically when a visual element has changed but the functionality is the same. The icon you're looking for looks like this now...

76063d53f6223f83d30cc723c56407e9.png

WeedMonkey
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Well that changes EVERYTHING! Thanks, that solves it. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

WeedMonkey Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?