cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving File Error Messages Using Adobe Audition

Saving File Error Messages Using Adobe Audition

ProducerChar
New member | Level 2

Does anyone have a resolution for when getting an error message when trying to save a file directly to Dropbox from Adobe Audition? 

I used to occassionally get an error message that said "An error occurred when saving file to disk. The destination may be full or no longer available." And most times, after I attempt the save once or twice more, it'll eventually save. But now, it's become a regular issue, and it won't let me save directly at all, giving me the same error message. And after several attempts, it still doesn't save. 

My workaround is that I can save to the desktop or a folder on the hard drive of my machine first, then when I "Save As" into Dropbox, it's saves with no issues at all. But it seems kind of like an tedious and unecessary step to be doing this for every file I want to store in DB. And also clogging up computer's hard drive, isn't the point of Dropbox to avoid that? 

I've seen a couple other similar posts, and some have said to pause syncing, but at the time of saving, my files are all synced and up to date. 

Anybody have any suggestions? 

Thanks! 

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@ProducerChar wrote:

... when trying to save a file directly to Dropbox from Adobe Audition? 

..., isn't the point of Dropbox to avoid that? 

Hi @ProducerChar,

In general when you use some service throughout particular product, which is not produced by the service provider, and some issue appear, support should be looked for from the product's provider. If needed, the product provider would ask service provider for support on it's own.

So, No, it's difficult for any service provider (including Dropbox) to trace what's going wrong with any particular third party product.

Hope this gives direction.

@ProducerChar wrote:

I've seen a couple other similar posts, and some have said to pause syncing, but at the time of saving, my files are all synced and up to date. 

It's not matter whether you sync status is "up to date" or not! The workaround' target is avoiding conflict between 2 or more applications (one of them Dropbox - continuously monitoring the Dropbox folder). When Dropbox tries to sync particular file on some platforms the file becomes locked - and... you're seeing what you saw. Stopping Dropbox will avoid such a locking.

tompetor
New member | Level 2

I hope this message finds you well. If you're facing challenges saving files in Adobe Audition and receiving error messages, consider the following steps: Check File Permissions: Ensure you have the necessary permissions to save files to your chosen destination. If there are restrictions, try saving the file to a different location. File Format Compatibility: Confirm that the file format you're attempting to save is supported by Adobe Audition. If there are compatibility issues, try saving the file in a different format. Software Updates: Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Audition installed. Updates often include bug fixes that may address saving-related issues. Temporary Workspace: Change the temporary workspace settings in Adobe Audition. Navigate to preferences and adjust the temporary file location to a different drive or folder. Disk Space: Ensure there is sufficient disk space available on the drive where you are trying to save the file. Running out of disk space can lead to saving errors. Project Complexity: If your project is complex with multiple tracks and effects, try simplifying it before saving. Sometimes, intricate projects may encounter difficulties during the saving process. Reinstall Adobe Audition: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Audition. This can help in case there are corrupted installation files. If the problem persists after trying these steps, please provide more details about the specific error messages you are encountering. This information will be crucial in further assisting you with resolving the saving file issues. Best regards,

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tompetor New member | Level 2
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?