cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synology Cloud Sync Problem

Synology Cloud Sync Problem

Synology_Sync_Guy
New member | Level 2

We have several clients who utilize Synology NAS servers running DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 3 & Cloud Sync configured to sync to their Dropbox Teams accounts.  All were working great up until the end of April 2024 when they all stopped syncing within days of each other.   To test the connectivity from Cloud Sync to Dropbox, I tried creating a New Task (within Cloud Sync) and when I get to the point where I choose what folder I want to sync to (the Remote Path) it never populates the folders available on Dropbox.  When I unlink the Dropbox account altogether and relink it, it goes through all of the motions of logging in, gives me a page where I have to grant the Synology Cloud Sync App permissions (which I do) and I still cannot continue because it does not populate any existing folders.  So it will not sync the tasks that were working fine, nor will it let me create a new task and sync because I cannot get a list of folders to sync with from the remote end (Dropbox's end).  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 5.04.21 PM.png

6 Replies 6

Synology_Sync_Guy
New member | Level 2

So I believe there was an API change as documented here:

https://dropbox.tech/developers/api-updates-to-better-support-team-spaces 

and here:

https://kb.synology.com/en-us/DSM/help/CloudSync/cloudsync?version=7

TLDR:  

• Dropbox Team Space (Dropbox Business)
    • Due to Dropbox's API updates for team spaces, users can not create new tasks, and users who have already created tasks may not be able to sync changes made on the local path with the root folder on Dropbox Team Space. Refer to this tutorial for details.

So I am guessing we are waiting on Cloud Sync to be updated to support the API changes.  If only we had been notified before it simply broke our already existing and working sync tasks. 😞

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Synology_Sync_Guy - thanks for joining our Community! 

Exactly as you mentioned, Cloud Sync will have to be updated to support the API changes since we updated the our APIs to better support team spaces.

Let us know if you have anything else to add. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rich
Super User II

@Synology_Sync_Guy wrote:

So I am guessing we are waiting on Cloud Sync to be updated to support the API changes.

Synology has already updated their app. Refer to the following thread:

vjurjen
Explorer | Level 3

Unfortunately, the latest version of Cloud Sync still does not support Dropbox's latest API changes. I've manually installed the 2.5.3-2531 version of Cloud Sync, but our Synology Cloud Sync backup still freezes. I've also checked the Cloud Sync logs, and it's giving constant errors since the minute of the DB system update.

Now, I am not sure if I need to re-configure everything and prepare for another 2-3 week upload...

rb_studio10
Explorer | Level 3

Walter, you mean that now Cloud Sync does not change anymore the permissions of the files making them unwritable to the team?

Thanks,

R

Rich
Super User II

@rb_studio10 wrote:

Walter, you mean that now Cloud Sync does not change anymore the permissions of the files making them unwritable to the team?

That's not what he's saying, and it's unlikely that anyone from Dropbox can comment on how Cloud Sync works or how it manages your files. Cloud Sync is not a Dropbox product.

He's simply stating that with the changes to the Dropbox API to better manage Team Spaces, Synology would need to update the Cloud Sync app to support those changes.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    rb_studio10 Explorer | Level 3
    vjurjen Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?