cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate Dell 20 GB Dropbox promotion

Can't activate Dell 20 GB Dropbox promotion

mayuresh l.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dell Promo 20GB not working even after reinstalling dropbox
I just bought a dell and am trying to get the add'l 20GB space. There is a "Get 20GB disk space" notification but it says "Dropbox already installed. Try to uninstall and reinstall dropbox to redeem offer from Dell". Even after doing that it still isn't working and has the same notification box.
Any suggestions???

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You have to use the Preinstalled version of Dropbox. You cant just install one

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

David - as already said, you cannot install one. If you have you need to wipe back to factory install to get the space. Simply uninstalling the one from the web doesnt work.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You have to use the Preinstalled version of Dropbox. You cant just install one

David L.52
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem. I installed DropBox from this site on my new Windows 10 machine, forgetting there was a "DropBox 20 GB" on my desktop.

When I tried to run the promo version, it said DropBox was already installed, and to uninstall it then try again. So I uninstalled the one I had downloaded, but the 20 GB offer version still says there's an installed version.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Michal I.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue here, any help from dropbox ? Or they just don't give a f*** ??

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

David - as already said, you cannot install one. If you have you need to wipe back to factory install to get the space. Simply uninstalling the one from the web doesnt work.

Barbara B.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I used the Dell promo on my new computer and it is now saying that it is full at 2 GB.  

Richard B.94
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Installed the 20GB Dell Bonus version, went to the Getting Started steps. First two completed. Uploaded file to my Dropbox space and shared but the Bonus never checked that as Complete and goes no further. A Dell joke on me I guess after spending  >$1000

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard B.94 New member | Level 1
    Barbara B.8 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Michal I. New member | Level 1
    David L.52 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?