cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling a free trial subscription

Canceling a free trial subscription

Mrs Erlich
New member | Level 2

I want to cancel my free subscription and I clicked plan -> cancel trial -> select reason for cancellation -> continue
till the end
Then the Plan tab switched to Dropbox Basic mode, but how do I know if I really canceled my account because I didn't get a notification email and the bill doesn't say if the next billing date is canceled, how can I make sure I really canceled?
And one more thing, does Dropbox Basic cost money or is it completely free?
Please Please hurry because on September 30th my subscription ran out and it says it will cost me $199 if I don't cancel.
Thanks!
Mrs. Ehrlich

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Mrs Erlich, thanks for messaging the Community.

What is the current status of your plan on this page?

On the payments page, does it show the cancellation of the trial?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Done
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I'll get straight to the point. I need help from Dropbox support to unsubscribe my 30 days Plus Trial. Please don't send me links to follow, I have scoured every single page in this community that have similar problems to mine, and I have followed the links, they have not worked.

I subscribed via the Dropbox app, so I knew I had to unsubscribe via App Store. Problem is, there is no unsubscribe button only options to choose a new Plan. Obviously I knew logging into the website, I would not find the unsubscribe button on my account either, so I contacted App Support and they fixed the problem for me under 20 minutes. The App Store now says I have unsubscribed from the Trial Period.

HOWEVER, like the other posts who have unsubscribed and still had to pay afterwards stated, Dropbox is not in contact with the App Store and therefore do not know that their clients have unsubscribed, especially if they subscribed via the app. The website says I am still subscribed and have till the 11th of February before I have to pay, which I do not want. The Dropbox app says the same thing. And I got a mail from Dropbox saying the same thing.

Before you ask, on my account on the website, there is a box that says I am subscribed to the Trial (12th of January to 11th of February), underneath it says I'm on the Basic Plan, yet I still have 2 TB storage.

I don't know if that means I will downgrade back to Basic after the Trial Period is over (which is what I want), since it said the same thing before I contacted App Store Support, either way, I do not want to chance anything and wish for Dropbox Support to help out here. I want no surprise about payments afterwards. I have read about people being unaware that they'd been paying every month for years after they thought they had unsubscribed and being unable to find number or mail to contact Dropbox.

You are my only hope, please help.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Done, I'd be more than happy to help! 

Since you contacted Apple, and under your subscriptions in the app store, the trial shows as cancelled, you have nothing to worry about. 

The changes will reflect on your Dropbox account, once the account is no longer part of the trial, and that would be on February 11th. 

I hope this helps! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Done
Explorer | Level 3

Okay, but is there no way to contact the Dropbox Support Team and have them take a look to make sure there will be no problems on the 12th of February?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Done, since you are on a trial, you can try contacting support directly from the site if you have any further queries.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Done Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?