cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changing from Dropbox Plus to the Family plan; how does billing work?

Changing from Dropbox Plus to the Family plan; how does billing work?

TTKK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, 

i am planning to change from my Dropbox Plus plan to Family plan.

My Dropbox Plus - paid yearly and expirating 11 September 2022 (€119,88 / year)

Family Plan - considering to give it a test period - paid monthly for 2 or 3 months (€19.99 / family / month)

My question:
- by clicking on "Family, billed monthly" - appears: "
Billed now - â‚¬15.64 - Prorated charge(s) for the remaining 67 days in your billing cycle "

- Does this mean it is month amount of Family plan minus that what i already paid for Plus plan ?

- is is counting days ? 67 ?  or months (2 / 3 ?) 

- cant get the calculation of the 15.64 to understand

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TTKK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Eventually I just switched from Plus Plan to Family Plan. In the invoice i got there is quite visible how the price and prorated part is generated.
Long story short - Price for Family Plan (month) minus already paid Plus Plan (month).
The thin which confused me was - price for family plan was for month in case i get year subscribtion (i wanted only month subscription), I guess as i had Plus Play year subscribtion, it just covered the Family plan.

Everything good, have a nice day...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @TTKK, thanks for posting your query!

Since you've already paid for your Plus subscription, which hasn't expired yet, you'll be paying a prorated amount.

It looks to me like you'll be paying for the amount of the monthly Family plan, minus the percentage of the remaining days of your current yearly plan.

Not sure if that makes sense, but I would definitely suggest reaching out to our Sales team for more info as well.

They should be able to provide more details and an explanation as to the amount you see.

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TTKK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Hannah, thx for your reply... I sent my questions to Sales dep. as you suggested, lets see how it works... Anyways I will probably still start the Family plan today... At least i wll post here if i find out something more...

TTKK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Eventually I just switched from Plus Plan to Family Plan. In the invoice i got there is quite visible how the price and prorated part is generated.
Long story short - Price for Family Plan (month) minus already paid Plus Plan (month).
The thin which confused me was - price for family plan was for month in case i get year subscribtion (i wanted only month subscription), I guess as i had Plus Play year subscribtion, it just covered the Family plan.

Everything good, have a nice day...

Karan singh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Karan singh
Need more support?