cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly being billed for free Dropbox.

Constantly being billed for free Dropbox.

oneir0naut0
Explorer | Level 3

Over and over again you keep trying to charge me for a cancelled account. While I had the free trial I contacted customer support to cancel as your website wouldn't let me do that. They downgraded the account to free.

Now I am stuck in a hell where you keep trying to charge my card, multiple times per day! But since I now have a free account, I can't contact you directly.

This is immoral and illegal and I see that thousands of people online are having the same issue.

I thought Dropbox was a respectable company, but it seems like your business model is to trap people into payments they can't dispute because you block them from contacting you. I assume you make your money by people giving up on these disputes out of frustration.

The card I gave rarely has money on it. I am poor and homeless. Now, if I ever get money on it, I will have to pull it off instantly or risk starving because you are literally trying to push through an erroneous charge multiple times a day. I am shaking and crying with anger as I type this but I am trying to remain polite.

Every day. Multiple times a day you are trying to steal from me. Make it stop.

I am uncertain of amount as I can't leave this form to check. I also don't know if you are trying to charge my PayPal first and it's rolling over to the credit card I list here. Stop trying to charge me. I downgraded the free trial. I spoke with chat support, they assured me I wouldn't be charged. Please for the love of God make this stop.

I'm contacting Better Business Bureau after posting this.

It's insane, immoral and ridiculous that you block people you are attempting to take money from from contacting you.

There's actually posts here from Dropbox recommending ways to 'trick' the system (log out and go incognito) just to be able to contact support. I have done that, no response.
I want someone to contact me and I want this to end.

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@oneir0naut0 wrote:
There's actually posts here from Dropbox recommending ways to 'trick' the system (log out and go incognito) just to be able to contact support. I have done that, no response.

What is your ticket number? A Dropboxer may be able to check the status of your ticket.

oneir0naut0
Explorer | Level 3
One of the ticket numbers is #23247070. The fact that it is taking all this to contact someone who is trying to take money from me is unacceptable.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @oneir0naut0 - thanks for the ticket number.

I was able to locate your ticket history in our system and I can see that a member of the team reached out to you on your ticket with ID: #23237684. 

Have you had the chance to see their response yet by any chance? They'd be better equipped with your query so I'd suggest that you take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

oneir0naut0
Explorer | Level 3
I have, and they responded saying they would try and help but that was a few days ago. We've determined that it's Google attempting to charge me, but there's no way for me to stop Google from trying to charge me since it's Dropbox that has the charge in place. I haven't heard from the person since we made that determination. Please make them stop. It's literally over and over and over again throughout the day that they charge. I can't get them to stop please make them stop. I should have never been charged in the first place

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me as well, @oneir0naut0! I had a look into our system for you, and I can see that our specialized team has replied back to your ticket. 

Can you please check their response, and let them know in case you need something else?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    oneir0naut0 Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?