cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disbanding a team has locked my account

Disbanding a team has locked my account

Scottjbrenner
New member | Level 2

The chat is worthless! Nice people but completely incapable of providing ANY support. On Sunday 2/4/24 I disbanded my team and I am trying to get a professional account. Chat people told me I’d still have access to my files. I have now lost 3 days of work because of this.

as of today 2/6/24 I am still waiting to setup the professional account. I am locked in a horrible loop sales is incapable of dealing with.

they send me a link and from there when I select upgrade I go through to another window that asks me to sign in AGAIN! Once I sign in AGAIN I get an error message saying I’m already logged into that account.

billing is not an available option from the administration page. I need something to happen so I can pay for the professional and have access to my files. Don’t tell me I do because I can’t download any of my files or upload anything to my Dropbox. 

How many days does it take for a team to disband? 30? 60? And why can’t I use my files while waiting

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Scottjbrenner, now let's see how we can get things going here!

Now, it sounds like your Business team might be temporarily in a locked state, but no need to panic. 

If you follow the steps provided in this Help Center article, you should be able to either upgrade your Business account, or disband the team.

Since you need an individual account, the best course of action would be for you to disband, and then purchase the plan of your choice. 

Want to give it a go, and update me on how things go? Thanks a bunch!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?