cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Dropbox 100GB Promotional app is stuck when installing.

HP Dropbox 100GB Promotional app is stuck when installing.

clayfigley
New member | Level 2

I have an HP laptop on which I loaded the factory image recently, and a 100GB dropbox promotion popped up on my notifications.  I go through the process and it allows me to log into Dropbox, sends me the security code via email and everything, but when it gets to the installation step, it hangs.  I can leave it for hours and it will never install.  Just wondering if anyone else had this issue, and if there are any steps i can try to resolve this?  I tried downloading the dropbox app from the website and installing it, but it seems to overwrite my promotional shortcut and never gives me the 100GB.  Any help would be appreciated, but not a big deal!

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Hi @clayfigley 

Have you already claimed this space by any chance previously? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

clayfigley
New member | Level 2

Absolutely not

Mark
Super User II

How old is the laptop? I believe there is a 6-month limit to claim promotions.

Have you tried running HP updater to see if that helps?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    clayfigley New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?