cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to go from Dropbox Plus Account to Having Family Account

How to go from Dropbox Plus Account to Having Family Account

UWSart32B
Explorer | Level 3

I currently have my own Plus account and realize my wife can't access the images I have there as her account doesn't have enough space.  Looks like having a Family account is a good solution so how best to migrate there?  Also, I purchased the Plus account through my iOS app, so does that make the whole conversion process different?  Thanks!

4 Replies 4

maher1982
Super User
If you already have a Dropbox account, you can switch to the Family plan in your account settings:
Sign in to dropbox.com.
Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top-right corner.
Click Settings.
Click Plan.
Click Change Plan and follow the prompts to switch to Family.

Hope I helped u

MindClash
Explorer | Level 3

I don't see any `Change Plan` buttons. My situation is the same: I've purchased Plus via iOS and now want to switch to the Family plan. All I see is this message: 

You purchased Dropbox Plus through the iOS app.
Learn how to manage your Apple App Store subscription

I've just canceled my Plus sub via Apple's App Store, but I still cannot change it to the Family plan in Dropbox web portal. What should I do?

Rich
Super User II

@MindClash wrote:
I've just canceled my Plus sub via Apple's App Store, but I still cannot change it to the Family plan in Dropbox web portal. What should I do?

You need to wait until your account downgrades back to Basic at the end of your billing period, and then you'll be able to subscribe to the Family plan on the Dropbox website.

MindClash
Explorer | Level 3

Yeah well turns out that in the worst-case scenario, you've got to wait 1.5 months. What happened is that on Feb 18 (end of the billing cycle) I got a message that payment cannot proceed (I've canceled my ios subscription) and then it seems like I've got to wait another 3 weeks until the downgrade to Basic happens.

This is a terrible UX for a paying customer to be honest. As a software engineer myself, I don't understand what is the problem to fix it really. I imagine it is a more or less regular case for people, who learn about 30% of Apple's tax on subscriptions.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MindClash Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    maher1982 Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?