cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I joined a shared folder but now it appears all of my folders are inside this shared folder

I accidentally joined a business account. How can I go back to my original plan?

HazelRevilla
Explorer | Level 3

Hey! Please help me I'm being charged for a dropbox business account. I didn't mean to have it clicked. A client shared a link to a folder. Now I'm being registered to a business account. I want my original plan to be restored which is 2tb per year only. Please help thank you!

17 Replies 17

TMain
New member | Level 2

As i mentioned i was shared a folder for work and I joined but now it appears all of my devices are syncing my files into that folder and if I try to login to my personal account it just says I am already logged in. I just want to restore my files to my personal account and view that folder. Please help

Rich
Super User II

@TMain wrote:

As i mentioned i was shared a folder for work and I joined but now it appears all of my devices are syncing my files into that folder ...

You weren't invited to a shared folder. You were invited to and joined their Business account. In doing so, you merged your account into their team account, effectively making them the owner of your account. If you were on a paid subscription, you would have received a prorated refund for any time remaining on your account.

If that wasn't your intent and you want to revert back to the way it was, you need to contact the team admin and ask them to convert your account back to an individual account. It's important that they don't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that were to happen, the team admin only has seven days to restore your account.

Dropbox cannot help with this. You need to contact the team admin of the Business account.

TMain
New member | Level 2

Thank you Rich. Yes I do not want to be part of there account but be as my own account and just collaborate on the shared files. This sounds very stressful. I dont know how tech savy the team that run the account are either and whether they have time to do this. I will ask them but surely theres a way I can restore my account without the worry of them having to accidentally delete it?

Rich
Super User II

@TMain wrote:

... surely theres a way I can restore my account without the worry of them having to accidentally delete it?

Only the team admin can handle this. There's no way for you to do it yourself. Not even Dropbox can do it. Only the team admin can.

patbeennettaz
New member | Level 2

HELP!!!  

I was added to a team and either I didn't read correctly, or I just blew it but I ended up removing MY account when I was added to a team.

I want my old one back, has anyone been able to do that?  I work with multiple clients/groups and I don't want it all under someone else's account.

How do I retrieve my account back to my "personal" when it moved with my user name/email to the team.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @patbeennettaz, sorry to hear about this, but not to worry, the solution is pretty simple!

The admin of the team will just need to convert your account back to an individual.

To do so, they'll need to follow the steps in this article.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

patbeennettaz
New member | Level 2

I just want my account back, your solution indicates I can't be part of the team and I had asked for that rather than having two different logins to DropBox 

There has to be a way to give me back my account that I have had and paid for for the last 15 years!! 

Who can I talk to?  I can't do "chat" now because I don't have an account.  I can't use my email for my PERSONAL dropbox because it is now associated with the other one.  

This is not a good way to do this.

Please, help me talk or chat with a real person!!!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your reply, @patbeennettaz, however, I'm not really sure I understand where the issue lies.

If you joined a Dropbox Business team, but didn't mean to, or do not wish to continue being a member of that team, the team admin will need to follow the steps I gave you, to return your account to an individual one again.

If you previously had a paid subscription, all you need to do is re-upgrade, because you received a prorated refund, when you joined the team.

Is this not what you'd like to do?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?