cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a professional plan but can't send more than 2GB or re-activate links

I have a professional plan but can't send more than 2GB or re-activate links

Tom Anders
New member | Level 2

I have a dropbox professional plan but was recently added to a folder of a basic plan user, now when I go to send a transfer over 2gb or re-activate expired links it says I can't on my plan and says I need to contact the admin (which it says is now the basic plan user) How do I fix this please? Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Tom Anders wrote:

I have a dropbox professional plan but was recently added to a folder of a basic plan user, now when I go to send a transfer over 2gb or re-activate expired links it says I can't on my plan and says I need to contact the admin (which it says is now the basic plan user)

I don't think the other user is on a Basic plan. It sounds like they have a Dropbox Business account and you accepted an invitation to join their team. If this is the case, then you merged your account into the team, effectively making the other user the owner of your account. When this happened, you would have received a prorated refund for the time remaining on your account.

If that wasn't your intention, you need to ask the admin to convert your account back to an individual account. It's important that they don't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that were to happen, the team admin only has seven days to restore your account.

Once your account has been converted, you'll need to resubscribe to the Professional plan again.

Tom Anders
New member | Level 2

Thank you, I'll give that a go and see if that works - cheers

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tom Anders New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?