cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm on a paid plan, but I'm asked to upgrade my account

I'm on a paid plan, but I'm asked to upgrade my account

BobGreen52
Explorer | Level 4

I have been paying 95.88 for a 2Tb account but I only have used 15Mb and I am getting notice the I need to upgrade as I am out of space. I tried a bot chat but no obvious solution. I wonder if I have a free account as well as a paid subscription account and they have been corrupted.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome aboard the forum, @BobGreen52!

What you mention is a possibility indeed; the fact that you may have two Dropbox accounts, and one of them is upgraded, while the other one is not, and is going over-quota.

Can you let me know what’s the plan you see here?

You can also double check what email address your paid plan is linked to by inserting the 12-digit transaction ID on your bank statement here.

If you’re seeing a different email address than the one appearing on this page, then you’ll need to log out of your Dropbox account, and sign back in with the correct credentials.

Let me know if that helps.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BobGreen52
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Nancy

I have found another account with a different hotmail login which does have a lot of files on it. However it only has 224 GB of 2Tb used - 1.8Tb not used. In effect both accounts still have space. Is it worth downloading the few files on the one gmail account and adding them to the hotmail account?

I think the hotmail one was used for my previous business and is the one to keep.

Any advice?

Bob

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I think it’s worth a try indeed, Bob! This way, you’ll get to keep everything in one place, and take advantage of the extra free space you have over at your paid Dropbox account.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    BobGreen52 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?