cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

NOUTROK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

my question is:

Is there any plan that is even cheaper than the normal basic plan of 2000 tb? It happens that I want to have more storage space, but the cheapest plan is still quite expensive.

Is there an alternative storage plan, which is cheaper?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jackson
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @NOUTROK , thank you for your inquiry.

Just to clarify, the Basic plan, is our free plan, and comes with 2 GB of space.

You are referring to our Plus plan, that offers 2 TB of space.

I am afraid that, there is no plan, that offers more space, at a lower price, at the moment.

You can see all our available plans here.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Jackson
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

52 Replies 52

Jackson
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @NOUTROK , thank you for your inquiry.

Just to clarify, the Basic plan, is our free plan, and comes with 2 GB of space.

You are referring to our Plus plan, that offers 2 TB of space.

I am afraid that, there is no plan, that offers more space, at a lower price, at the moment.

You can see all our available plans here.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Jackson
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sudhanshu_cma
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox can think of a plan starting with lower spaces say 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, etc. 

That is suitable for small and medium enterprises. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@sudhanshu_cma wrote:

Dropbox can think of a plan starting with lower spaces say 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, etc.

Dropbox has trialed smaller plans in the past, with little success.

There's likely a post in the Share an Idea section asking for this same thing again. You can add your reply there, or start your own if the idea is already closed.

gaj_ash2017
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Good morning.

With regards to the Drop Box purchase options, if I am correct, there is the 2GB and then the purchase options start at 2000GB, which is a little pricy.

There should be a purchase option too of 1000GB.  Looking into this option, will also be a good thing, I think.  It's just a suggestion 🙂

rebekkaeliza
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox plan 5GB single user

It is ridiculous that there is not a dropbox plan for people that work alone with 5GB!

No I need to buy 3 subscriptions but I work alone! Im not paying that money and not buying that plan and now try to find another solution with another company to store my data

rebekkaeliza
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have 4TB now and would just need 1TB more

so it doesn't work

No dropbox has send me an email to add a top up of 1TB but this whole link doesn't work and get directed to buying the 5TB for a min of 3 users!

what is this for strange way of getting money out of people

RatSinner
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
There should be an option to purchase a flat amount of storage. I use dropbox for a specific purpose that just does not necessitate paying per month but I would absolutely pay for a flat storage increase. I would honestly pay for just GBs like it wouldn’t even need to be paying for TBs bc I think the subscription for TBs makes sense for other people but for my purposes a one time purchase of 25-50 GB would get the job done and I’d buy that option in a heartbeat

loouis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there,

Im sure this has been raised but it would be great to have another plan option for smaller plans. This would especially be useful for people who want to use the rekordbox cloud storage which requires you to have a dropbox account. The plus plan is too expensive if it is just being used for rekordbox cloud storage and 2tb is far more than needed. I have 2000 songs which equates to 32gb. I would love to have a 100gb plan for max $20 - $50aud a year. 

SkylerMews
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I love Dropbox's block-level synchronization, but I hate the drastic change from 2GB (free)  to 2TB (plus). 

I think more people would purchase a lower option than the 2TB. I just want 100GB - 250GB without having to pay 120$ a year. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Campi Explorer | Level 4
    tttt0 New member | Level 2
    hellolight New member | Level 2
    jzambrana New member | Level 2
    P V Rao New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?