cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longterm Storage

Longterm Storage

ZeroCo2
Explorer | Level 3

I wish there would be a cost-effective way of storing a few TB's of Date on Dropbox ! I am currently exploring buying a few SSD drives in order to store Data - yet my research tells me that Cloud-storage supposed to be safer ! It would be great for Dropbox to offer this service - One Single License - No collaborators - a limited number of montly Up and Dowloads ( Like transfers etc with a Bank acct ) with a very competitive price !! 

Who's with me ? lol 

Dropbox are you listening !?  ðŸ˜‰ 

ZeroCo2 

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ZeroCo2, thanks for messaging the Community!

Could you clarify what you mean by longterm storage exactly? 

Are you referring to a lifetime plan for a single purchase without subscriptions, or a plan that allows you to increase your quota beyond the existing plans?

Any other info would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ZeroCo2
Explorer | Level 3

well based on my research 'cloud-storage' seems to be safer than conventional HD or SSD Storage! YES deff very LONG TERM Storage ! Envision a physical ( brick and mortar ) storage unit, a place you have all the stuff from your childhood you can not part with - you probably go to that storage place once a year, to shuffle around some boxes and add more ' junk' lol ... very low key & low maintenance ! The one we have here in Vegas is like 150.- / year  - and I wish, that this kind of concept would be available from our friends @ #DROPBOX ! 

Single user, no frills, no links, no sharing, NONE of all the cool stuff DB offers - just pure and simple Cloud Storage space @ a super competitive annual price ! 

Greetings from SinCity ! 

Zero ðŸ˜Ž

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Technically, this is already possible with Dropbox, provided you login once every 12 months to prevent the account from being deactivated due to inactivity. 

Assuming you want to store a lot of data, you'd need to upgrade your storage to a paid plan, and continue to pay for the subscription, like you would with the retail storage units.

You also don't need to share anything on your account either. If you want to prevent syncing, you can upload the files to the site directly.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

ZeroCo2
Explorer | Level 3

thank you for the follow up Jay 

I do have a paid account ( 2 TB ) 

So what are you suggesting  !? 

ONE user - up to 5TB of CloudStorage - paid anually ? I do not see anything like this being offered by DB 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Okay, so your request is to have more than the 3 TB of quota offered with the Dropbox Professional plan, is that correct?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    ZeroCo2 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?