cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Nonprofit account never created as promised…..

Nonprofit account never created as promised…..

ErikDP
New member | Level 2

Hello, I am Erik, CEO of a human rescue 501c3 nonprofit.  I called your customer service, business accounts section nearly 3 weeks ago now.  At that time they said that since I was an IRS certified nonprofit that I would get the most premium business account features that Dropbox made, especially due to extenating circumstances, which I also explained to the agent.

Now, 3 weeks later, I have no return email/correspondence from business customer service and furthermore, now they will not return my emails.  And I have been more than patient and professional in this matter.  I would like to know if someone in the community, whether that be an Dropbox employee or DB Expert, knows and could contact an upper level manager that oversees the special nonprofit business accounts and have them contact me today, or ASAP?  If they will not return my emails, I am kind of helpless.  And yes, this is an emergency request which even complicates matters more.

So I thought that I would post this for help and see what happened.  If the Business Account Manager does not contact me by 5PM CST tomorrow I will be filing formal complaints with the BBB and Attorney General.  Treating a worthy business customer like this is rude and unacceptable.  

Thanks, 

Erik

CEO

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

What emails are you sending messages to? 

I'm not aware of free accounts being given out (as per https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/payments-billing/discounts), so I am a tad concerned its not a genuine Dropbox team you are speaking to.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @ErikDP, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you let us know how you contacted the support team? Did you call the Business sales team directly, or via another method?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Dave
Community Manager

Hi @ErikDP,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you are having trouble getting in contact with our customer service team.

To ensure your query is getting to the right place, please email or call the sales team. You can find the information here -https://experience.dropbox.com/contact. If I can assist you in any other way please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave 

mspecial
New member | Level 2

I was told I can get a nonprofit but only for three people price. This is after I called, and been looking how to get rid of the uploading of my desktop that I didn't want in the first place. Dropbox said my password was not correct and asked if I wanted to get dropbox for my PC and dumb me thought that it meant in order to log in I needed to have dropbox put on my pc. So then it started uploading and I could not stop it and the next day I was told I had to upgrade because not enough room and told I can't undo what I did. No live person for support that I have found. I emailed and then when I finally got a appointment no one called. So now I am stuck in limbo with the only ones that answer are sales who won't put me on tax exempt unless there are 3 of me. So maybe that is your problem also you need to be 3 of you? Mark

Need more support?