cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Plan between Basic and Plus?

Plan between Basic and Plus?

ischorr
New member | Level 2

Probably not a question for the community, and I probably know the answer - but are there any plans to offer a plan between Basic and Plus?

I'm a reasonably light Dropbox user.  I'll probably never hit the 2GB limit or even get close to it.  I'm not sure I've ever gone over 200MB used except maybe a couple of times, for a few hours.  I use it to sync a handful of things between systems - mostly notes, other small things.  It's not a lot of traffic (although some things I'm doing lately probably increase the number of API calls I make a good bit)

But I've had an account for over a decade, and I do use it periodically.  I also understand that nothing is free, and I don't expect it to be.

But I also can't justify spending $120/year for Dropbox, especially with other options out there.  And those plans aren't for people like me.  What I do doesn't cost Dropbox nearly as much.  I don't need the 2GB I have let alone 2TB.

I would, however, be happy to buy something like a $30/year plan.  As an incentive, maybe it'd offer 20GB or something, and another device or two.  Maybe I'd use that.  And I'd be less worried that my "Free" option will disappear or be throttled at some point.

I don't know how big of a market there is for people like me.  But surely there's some significant number, and $30/year (or something around there) is much better for Dropbox than $0/year.   There's zero chance I'd ever pay $120/year - I'd be way more likely to spend money if there was some plan inbetween.

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@ischorr wrote:

Probably not a question for the community, and I probably know the answer - but are there any plans to offer a plan between Basic and Plus?

Dropbox doesn't disclose plans such as this. They have trialed smaller plans many times in the past, and they never seem to last last long.

amandachin
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi there, I'm Amanda, Product Lead for International Growth.

Our team is re-opening investigation into this area. Thanks for flagging this need!

Korridor
New member | Level 2

I completely agree! A plan with 50 GB or so would be great. The 2 TB plan will never be an option for me—that's just so much more than I need. But I've been a Dropbox User for more than ten years, and very happy with the Android app, the Windows client and the web interface, so if there was an intermediate plan, I would take it in a heartbeat. I'd even buy this for several years at a time and pay ahead.

Need more support?