cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Support for international currencies on Dropbox.com

Support for international currencies on Dropbox.com

amandachin
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi there! I’m Amanda, the Product Lead for International Growth. Our team is committed to making it as easy as possible for customers around the world to use Dropbox. One of things we’re doing is adding support for local currencies.

In September 2023, we launched support for the Brazilian Real. Next month, we’ll launch the Korean Won and Indian Rupee. Next year, we’re looking at launching local currency for Mexico, Singapore, Poland, Malaysia, Taiwan, South Africa, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, and potentially a few more.

We realize this is long overdue for our customers outside the US, and hope this relieves any payment difficulties you may have experienced.

*For customers already paying in USD – first, thank you for your support all these years. We plan to migrate you automatically to your local currency in 2024. We thank you for your patience!

3 Replies 3

KellyM25
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for this information.

I have used Dropbox for one year for free (100GB) as a promo after buying a laptop where I live in Turkey.

It's time for me to upgrade and Dropbox offers me  a monthly subscription for "Plus" of 80.99 TRY per month, with a 30 day trial .... that's about 3 USD per month, when paying via Google Play. That is the same price as I pay for Adobe Acrobat so I guess it is the market rate.

However, when I try to upgrade (via Google Play) it says "payment failed" and hints that it is due to my country settings (which are set to Turkey in Google ...  and I am physically in Turkey ... and using a Turkish IP address) 

.... so I have tried to pay via my laptop and at that point the payment jumps up to 9.99 USD per month plus VAT which is more than 350 TRY per month - more than 4 times the price - unaffordable for my usage (to store files only). Google Drive and Microsoft One are 2 USD per month (58 TRY) per month.  

I prefer to stick with Dropbox but need to ask, please can you advise how I can renew at the Turkish currency rate and not the rate for westerners? Thank you. 

justine w.
New member | Level 2

This is great to hear.

Does 'support for local currencies' include offering subscriptions at stable, territory-adjusted rates?

It's impossible to gauge affordability or to budget when one's local currency fluctuates greatly in relation to the US Dollar. It would also only be fair to adjust rates according to the local economic circumstances of low- and middle-income countries.

amandachin
Dropbox Product Manager

Agree with you @justine w. , it's something we want to do. 

Need more support?