cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer dropbox account to new email

Transfer dropbox account to new email

sjagannath28
New member | Level 2

I have a Dropbox Plus account created with a business email address that I no longer have access to. Additionally I have another Dropbox account created that I am currently still using through my personal email. I would like to transfer the subscription to my current account but I am unable to do so since I don't have access to my Plus account. What can I do it resolve this?

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Hey @sjagannath28, thanks for joining our Community.

Kindly note that you cannot transfer a subscription to a different account, even if you had access to the email associated with the paid account.

What you could do, if you remember the password for it and can login, is to change the email address to one you can access.

If you don't have access to either the password or the email address of your paid account, I could help you cancel that subscription, so that you can then upgrade your personal account.

Let me know what you'd like to do!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

sjagannath28
New member | Level 2

Thanks Hannah for your reply.  My challenge in transferring it to the other email is that my other email already exists as a Dropbox account and it doesn't help me use an existing email as it is already taken. Now since I have a paid subscription already with one account and I no longer use it, I want to be able to transfer it to the account that I use where the email is already taken. 

I hope this is not confusing. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @sjagannath28, it isn't possible to transfer the subscription to another Dropbox account.

As my colleague suggested, you can try changing the emails by using a third email you own as a placeholder to temporarily free up your personal email, to then switch over the accounts.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Dennis S.3
New member | Level 2

Hello Jay,

I think what is written in this message string what I need since my situation is similar to Hanna's.  However I am not clear on the temporary use of 3rd email address.  Are you saying that once the email address is changed to the temporary address, you can switch it then to the existing account, or do you mean transfer everything to the new "placeholder" email account?

Thanks 
Dennis

Rich
Super User II

@Dennis S.3 wrote:

Are you saying that once the email address is changed to the temporary address, you can switch it then to the existing account, or do you mean transfer everything to the new "placeholder" email account?

Once you change the first account to use the temporary email address, the original email address will be free to use on another account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Dennis S.3 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    sjagannath28 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?