cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the upgrade screen not show any prices?

Why does the upgrade screen not show any prices?

asdfasdfasdf1
New member | Level 2

Its a really horrible experience to have this screen and not show prices. It was a concious decision made by someone that went though several stages of approval and really shows you don't care about the customer. Also I have to deal with a chat bot or post this publically to interact with your support?? How have things degraded so much... 

asdfasdfasdf1_0-1701267771391.png

6 Replies 6

asdfasdfasdf1
New member | Level 2

How do you go from £5/gb (2gb £10/mo) to £7/gb (3gb £22/mo) when you increase the amount of storage? Storage per unit is cheaper as it gets larger. Why are you punishing the users of your service for trusting you with more data?

asdfasdfasdf1_0-1701269199659.png

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @asdfasdfasdf1, thanks for messaging the Community.

We appreciate the feedback on this matter regarding the upgrade page. 

We take all comments into consideration when improving the Dropbox site and services. You can view the plans and pricing from this page.

Regarding the difference in price between Plus and Essential, the plan page above would show the different features offered on the Essentials plan, which aren't available on Plus.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

asdfasdfasdf1
New member | Level 2

Everything on the home page once logged in linked to the page with no prices. It took me 15 minutes to find any page with prices.

Regarding the difference between plans - wouldn't that information be best served on the actually plan page i'm look at? The page when I'm paying? 

So one page theres no prices...

One page theres prices but no details...

And finally the page you linked to above with everything can't be navigated to from the homepage once logged in

Why do you have so many different versions of this page that aren't completely useful?

GunnarBorer
New member | Level 2

I am also facing some problems related to the upgrade screen, is this normal for everyone?

Spoiler
I am also facing some problems related to the upgrade screen, is this normal for everyone? financial adventurers! The Payday - Instant Cash Advance apps that give instant cash advance became my go-to during a cash crunch. Its ease of use and security parameters exceeded my expectations. For those seeking a seamless way to address urgent financial needs, I'd nonchalantly recommend checking out this app – it made a difference for me.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @GunnarBorer, how are you today? 

Would you mind sharing some additional info or screenshots with me? 

Are you on a Basic plan, trying to upgrade to a paid one? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

asdfasdfasdf1
New member | Level 2
From a logged in screen of an existing customer, the links provided to upgrade point to one of two screens.. one doesn’t have prices and one doesn’t have details. The page with prices and details provided by Jay is impossible to find. As a product designer I know these tactics are either a result unbelievably non-detail oriented designers, or shady money making efforts. Eg, let’s get them to upgrade without seeing the prices first! You know, when you do a side by side comparison of packages - some would think price is a factor. But not at Dropbox.. Or, let’s get them great prices side by side before they know the details of a plans (like charging more per gb as storage increases). Just be up front and honest.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

asdfasdfasdf1 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    GunnarBorer New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?