cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgraded after removed from team

downgraded after removed from team

Lou H
Explorer | Level 4

Our Dropbox professional trial account was added by mistake to a team account. When removed back from the team we were downgraded back to Dropbox basic, and lost our remaining time on the upgrade (on a + price). Any way we could be back on our professional account? We have the latest invoice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Lou H - sorry to jump in here, but I just wanted to mention that you should have been refunded for the remaining of your (previous) subscription when you joined the team.

As Rich mentioned, you can re-upgrade to the plan you'd like at this point. 

PS: If you'd like to contact our support team for further assistance on this, you can use this form from an incognito window without being signed into any Dropbox account. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

@Lou H wrote:

Our Dropbox professional trial account was added by mistake to a team account. When removed back from the team we were downgraded back to Dropbox basic ...

When you join a team, any upgrade (paid or otherwise) is removed from the account. Later, when you're removed from the team, the account is converted back to an individual Basic account. If you want to upgrade again, you can just resubscribe.

I don't know if you can go back on a trial, since the account was on a trial once already.

Lou H
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Rich, thanks for your reply. My mistake, this isn't exactly a trial, but it was + plan that was upgraded for a year to professional. So meaning we have half a year remaining on that plan. (we paid for it). Impossible to find anywhere to contact dropbox directly.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Lou H - sorry to jump in here, but I just wanted to mention that you should have been refunded for the remaining of your (previous) subscription when you joined the team.

As Rich mentioned, you can re-upgrade to the plan you'd like at this point. 

PS: If you'd like to contact our support team for further assistance on this, you can use this form from an incognito window without being signed into any Dropbox account. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

HelloMarylou
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter, It's worse here. The same thing happened to me and then the person deleted me from the Team and now I have to wait 7 days to make my account back on my mailadress. I can't get to my own files now and there's no way to get help, I'm horrified by this and need help right away. We're in the middle of buying a house and my accountant needs to get to our administration which is shared with him on Dropbox.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @HelloMarylou - sorry to hear about this. 

In this case, you'll need to have the team's admin contact our support team for further assistance in recovering your account back to the team. Once this is done, they'll be able to convert your account back to an individual one as outlined here

I hope this gets sorted for you soon. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

HelloMarylou
New member | Level 2
Hi, thanks.. I have eventually figured that out via the Help thing from Dropbox. And luckily my client who added me to their team was available to get me back on the team, and then throw me out by converting my account into a personal one. I do feel that there have not been good warnings when I clicked on the button to join the team. When Dropbox sees that I’m joining a team while having a business account myself, that should be enough reason to have me confirm again if I really really really wouldn’t rather make a new account to join the team. And what happens when I do join.. cause this was just a click on a button and everything was gone. The stress it caused was not a good way to start the day I’ll tell you that.

But thanks for the solution, it is the correct solution 😂 so for whoever has this problem. Do what Walter says.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

HelloMarylou New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Lou H Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?