cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrading 2tb to 1tb

downgrading 2tb to 1tb

ItsMeHere
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I want to downgrade from 2tb to 1tb but am not finding the option. I can downgrade to basic but have already exceeded that space.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ItsMeHere wrote:

I want to downgrade from 2tb to 1tb but am not finding the option. I can downgrade to basic but have already exceeded that space.

There is no 1TB plan anymore. The Plus plan is the lowest paid option and it offers 2TB. Dropbox increased it from 1TB to 2TB years ago.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ItsMeHere wrote:

There is no 1TB plan anymore. The Plus plan is the lowest paid option and it offers 2TB. Dropbox increased it from 1TB to 2TB years ago.

ItsMeHere
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you

erisian
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I support this option! Many people would readily give Dropbox their money for a $5/month plan, which I'll call Dropbox Lite, but they don't need 2TB of storage or want to pay for that amount. Please upvote this comment if you'd like to see this feature.

erisian
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Dropbox has an opportunity to serve a larger segment of people with a $4.99/month plan and 1TB of storage. Given that the 2TB plan is called "Dropbox Plus," I suggest calling this tier Dropbox Lite or something like that. I think it would increase profitability for Dropbox while creating value for many people. If you'd like to see this tier created, please respond or upvote!

ItsMeHere
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you.  Great name for the 1T suggested plan!

ItsMeHere
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I agree! Thank you

BierfietsNL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I totally agree, we need a 1TB plan again. 2TB is just unnecessary.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BierfietsNL New member | Level 2
    ItsMeHere Helpful | Level 5
    erisian Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?