cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ticket stupidity...

ticket stupidity...

narasumas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I need to open a ticket. I go to https://www.dropbox.com/support and can view my tickets of the past, but nowhere is there an option to submit a new ticket. What am I missing? Please advise.

_narasumas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@narasumas wrote:

I need to open a ticket. I go to https://www.dropbox.com/support and can view my tickets of the past, but nowhere is there an option to submit a new ticket. What am I missing? Please advise.

The Support page will show you the support options that are available to your account type, and not all account types have access to the ticket system now.

If you're having a billing or sign-in issue, you can visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@narasumas wrote:

The Support page will show you the support options that are available to your account type, and not all account types have access to the ticket system now.

If you're having a billing or sign-in issue, you can visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

narasumas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, @Rich. It took two weeks, but it finally prompted me within the incognito window.

lunatic_2000
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

finally something useful...

Would it be so hard to explain that on the support site instead sending you around and around and around in circles?

Chat told me:

You will need to contact support by going here: dropbox.com/support and then you can submit a ticket and they will reach out to you directly to assist.

...after I tried to figure out the "ticket" issue. Finally I found your comment in the English community. Looks like the Germans just suck in figuring things out and explaining them plain and simple.

Whatever. These kind of businessmodels are what's keeping me from reactivating my account and using Dropbox ever again.

30 minutes of my life I wasted on this and I will never get back.

Thank god there are other services like DB

danjsandiego
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It is stupid. 

A business owner is trying to share their dropbox with me. When i click on the invite, dropbox forces a "PICK A NEW PLAN" screen. No other option. No access to support ticket. called support and it hangs up after you select tech support. Cant file ticket since and I cant access my  business friends dropbox. 

I will tell him to leave drop box and move to other shared folder system since I cant access this.

Worst support ever.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @danjsandiego, let's see what we can find here! 

Can you clarify for me, if they try to share a folder, or add you to join their Team? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

danjsandiego
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
His invite says “you have been invited to edit a folder on Dropbox”. Don’t know anything more since I can not get in.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @danjsandiego 

My guess then is that the size of the folder you are being invited to is too large - check what quota you have available at www.dropbox.com/account/plan and speak to the person inviting you. If it is larger than what you have you need to pay to upgrade.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    danjsandiego Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    lunatic_2000 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?