cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Copying file into multiple folders

Copying file into multiple folders

ve3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there a way to copy one file into multiple folders at once? I have one document that needs to go into 100 different sub folders and looking for a quick way to do it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, @ve3

Currently, there isn’t a way to do this in one go, but I’d be happy to share your thoughts with the dev team for future consideration. 

Let me know if you have any other comments you’d like me to forward and, in the meantime, have a great day ahead! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, @ve3

Currently, there isn’t a way to do this in one go, but I’d be happy to share your thoughts with the dev team for future consideration. 

Let me know if you have any other comments you’d like me to forward and, in the meantime, have a great day ahead! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ve3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for your prompt response. Although I was hoping for a different answer... I'm currently using Dropbox business and I feel it should be a standard function that would save so much time. Thank you for passing along the message to the dev team, I would like to see this option in the near future 🙂

Shan3yboy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Has this function been integrated yet? I've been following for a while and this would save me and numerous other businesses hours maybe days of work in total. 

Many thanks! 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

No, it hasn't. I don't know of any service or file system that allows that, short of scripting it manually. I highly doubt this is something that will ever be integrated.

pkmitchell2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This function would be very useful. Especially for brands that want to share content with other brands from photoshoots. A solution here would save hours of manual work. You would simply click on a particular file (e.g. a photo) and then select from a list of folders where you would like a duplicate file to be copied to. It would literally save hours. Hopefully you can find a solution. Thanks.

Need more support?