cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

I'm not receiving the verification email. What can I do?

Re: Not receiving verification code via text message

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @Moffasa, sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

Due to account-specific info necessary to investigate this, we'd have to take this discussion to email.

As such, could you please submit a ticket to our Support team directly and let me know the ticket ID (which should be a seven digit number, #1234567)? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Verification email not coming through

ktanaka
Explorer | Level 3

I am having the same problem, I added no-repely@dropbox.com to my contacts, and it's still not working.  I also checked spam, it's not there either.  I tried verifying my personal gmail account and it worked, but now that I am trying to change it back to my gsuite email (which is the one I plan to use), the email is not getting through... Please help.

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this @ktanaka. Let's have a look now!

Can you first make sure that you added the no-reply@dropbox.com address to your contacts? I'm assuming that your post contains a typo but it never hurts to double check; right?

If you do and still don't get the verification email for your account's email change, let me know if I can reach out to the email address that's connected to your Community's profile to work on this together.

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

ktanaka
Explorer | Level 3

Walter, 

Thank you so much for contacting me back about this.  I double-checked the contact and it is no-reply@dropbox.com.  So it was a typo only in the last message to you.  The email address I am trying to change to is {Your post has been amended and your personal information is removed as to better allign with our Community's Guidelines}.  All my workmates have no problem using it.  It seems like it concerns only my account. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the extra details here @ktanaka!

At this point, may I have you create a ticket with our team so we can assist further with account specific information?

You can do this by clicking on the 'Contact support' button on every page you navigate in our Community. 

Let me know the ticket's ID once you do and I'll get on it asap. 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. 

PS: On a side note, is it possible that your email service is filtering out messages from Dropbox before they reach your email account?  You can contact your email service provider or IT administrator for help on this if needed. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

ktanaka
Explorer | Level 3

Walter,

Thank you so much for the reply.  I got the Ticket # for my issue, which is:

Please let me know if anything else I could do to help the process.

Keiko

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for providing your ticket's ID Keiko!

I can see that a member of my team has already replied there - have you seen their response?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

I'm not receiving the verification email. What can I do?

ivanjiahao
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I had created another account for my company as new member of the existing Dropbox business account. However i am not able to proceed further as i am not reveiving the account verification email from dropbox. As the email is from my company domain, i had checked my mail gateway and there was no email from dropbox to the said account despite me triggering the re-send email countless time.

Re: I'm not receiving the verification email. What can I do?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @ivanjiahao; welcome to the Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with verifying your email address with us. 

If you haven't received this email after a reasonable amount of time, please check your spam folder to ensure that no-reply@dropbox.com is not blocked. You can also add no-reply@dropbox.com to your address book and request another email verification email.

If this doesn't help improve matters, you can use another email address of yours (perhaps from another domain) to verify your email address (and change your email address afterwards). 

In either case, please keep me posted Ivan! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Not receiving verification email

pcollins
New member | Level 2

Hello, I created a Dropbox account using my Microsoft 365 email address.  No matter what I try, I can't receive the verification email.  I have done the following:

-Checked spam, focused inbox, other inbox, and searched for dropbox emails

-Added no-reply@dropbox.com, reply@dropbox.com, and the dropbox.com domain to the safe sender list on my account

-Added the same above to the Microsoft 365 exchange spam filter in the admin portal

-Confirmed that I'm able to receive emails from other senders (using gmail, yahoo, and outlook.com email addresses)

-Confirmed that other sites are able to send me verification emails (tried Amazon and YouTube).

For whatever reason the Dropbox site is refusing to send the email to my account.  Please help.

Need more support?