cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm unable to access my account, since I'm not receiving the 2FA email from Dropbox

I'm unable to access my account, since I'm not receiving the 2FA email from Dropbox

BadEgg
New member | Level 2

So I needed to create a 2nd Dropbox account, just to ask this question of the community...

If the 2-Factor Authentication email never arrives, am I stuck and locked out forever?

Details:

I do not have Dropbox installed on my devices (they limited the quantity over the years, so I got in the habit of using the web interface only). And for some unknown reason, the emails I am supposed to be receiving from Dropbox are not arriving (yes, I checked the spam box too). I am sure I would have given a phone number too, but I am not seeing that option as a 2FA option. So is my data locked and gone for good?

I have been a user for many years, referred many people, so have a nice larger drive size. Heck, I even filled the storage up and was getting notices I was near capacity. So I am not a new user asking a basic question here. I wanted to ask the business themselves, but turns out free-tier also do not get any other support options but this board and a lame weak chat bot.

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our Community today, @BadEgg.

It sounds like you’re being asked for the one-time security code

Did you also add no-reply@dropbox.com to your email contacts and it didn’t help? 

If not, feel free to log a ticket instead with our support team (by following these exact steps). You can also send me your ticket number here afterwards, and I’ll leave them an internal note on your behalf. 

Let me know how this goes.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?