cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I would like to add a passcode to the password app on my tablet (not dropbox) the password app

I would like to add a passcode to the password app on my tablet (not dropbox) the password app

Domesa
Explorer | Level 3

How do I add security to my password app on my tablet. I have added passcode to dropbox but need one on the password app. If my tablet is open anyone can click on the password app and see all my passwords, the app should be passcode protected. Is there a way to do that????

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Domesa, thanks for messaging the Community.

In general, the mobile app should have a passcode or by using an optional biometrics sign-in. 

Could you try rebooting the device and see if this appears on the app?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Domesa
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Jay for your reply.....I rebooted my tablet. Still do not see a way to add a passcode to the password app. Can you tell me what to look for. I can and did it on my computer. I have a passcode on my tablet. My problem is I sometimes hand my unlocked tablet to someone and walkaway, dropbox is locked with a passcode and all my other important app are looked so no one but me can get into them, but not the dropbox password app. thanks again 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Do you have a copy of your recovery words or access to another device that uses Dropbox Passwords? 

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if this helps, using either of the above methods to regain access to your account?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Greg_michener
New member | Level 2

As far as I can tell, Jay is not providing much help here. I would like information on how to lock my DB passwords app with a code other than my phone's code. Typically, if people are forced under coercion to hand over their phone, the thieves will ask for the phone code (under threat). They can then access DB passwords app, because the app does not seem to have any native security, as do banking apps and such. It would seem like a massive oversight.... So Dropbox, please get your act together and include a password option on the Dropbox password app!!! 

Need more support?