cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log on issue due to closed e-mail account

Log on issue due to closed e-mail account

John Fjoelner-Larsen
New member | Level 2

Dear all

I have an older account with pictures on which I cannot anymore access.

Problem is when I try to log in the system send an e-mail to my old and closed account.

How do I get around this ?

2 Replies 2

maher1982
Super User

If you had access to the associated email, you could attempt a password reset. This would send a reset link to the email if the Dropbox account still exists.

However, since you don't have access to the email, this option isn't available to you. Additionally, it's worth noting that Dropbox accounts left idle for more than a year are often deleted due to inactivity, as per my information.
Regrettably, without access to the email, regaining access to the Dropbox account is not possible.

You might consider contacting the email service provider to see if they can reinstate your email address, even temporarily.

You can either use or sign up for a new email with the same ID as your old email. If this option is available, the reset password will be sent to the email address.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @John Fjoelner-Larsen, if you're still having trouble logging in, I would also suggest opening a private browsing/incognito window and going to this page, to submit a help request to our support team.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    maher1982 Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?