cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reject a team request?

Reject a team request?

Jim D.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there a way to reject a team request so you can set-up your own team? Or do I have to contact the person that sent the request and ask them to remove it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dorothy_Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

The ability to remove a Team invite depends on the type of team you've been invited to.

For a free Team,  you should still see the option to create a different Team. If any of you are having an issue removing an invite to a free Team, you'll want to reach out to the Dropbox support team here:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

If the invite sent to you is from a Dropbox Business team, presently there is not a way to remove that invitation outside of reaching out to the admin that sent you the invite (they should be listed as the 'Reply to' address on the invite email that was sent to you).

I'll pass your requests for an option to reject that invite along to our Business Development team for review. 

Let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Marcus O.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You should have a "create free team" button beside the "join team" invitation button.

More info on Teams here:

https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/9124

Jim D.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm not seeing that anymore. Just the "join team" button. Is there a way to reject it?

Mayuresh
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

How do I reject or refuse a team invitation request ?? 

There seems to be no way of doing that...

Really??! Dropbox??! Not  cool..

Iain G.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Really need to be able to reject and generally manage team invites guys. I'm being held hostage here by a client who sent me a team invite, which i've never accepted, this is preventing me joining my actual TEAM!

Rudyard M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Agreed, Dropbox please fix this. A client sent me a Team Request which I intend to reject - but I cant and it is holding my account hostage. Seriously - what is someone supposed to do if they have had a Dropbox account as long as I have (from the start of Dropbox)? I have years and years of data backed up in Dropbox that I would never want to be taken over by a 3rd party - especially my clients. What if I had accidentally accepted this - what would have happened to all of my data? This is very disturbing.

Antonio C.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

the same for me. How can I get rid of this? I should have a reject option. With this new function, I have to say I do not feel anymore sure about keeping data in DropBox. Sharing everything with someone is to easy!

Abe D.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This has happened to me as well.. Also after I told my client un-share with me.. I need to cancel the request or reject it some how..

Dorothy_Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

The ability to remove a Team invite depends on the type of team you've been invited to.

For a free Team,  you should still see the option to create a different Team. If any of you are having an issue removing an invite to a free Team, you'll want to reach out to the Dropbox support team here:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

If the invite sent to you is from a Dropbox Business team, presently there is not a way to remove that invitation outside of reaching out to the admin that sent you the invite (they should be listed as the 'Reply to' address on the invite email that was sent to you).

I'll pass your requests for an option to reject that invite along to our Business Development team for review. 

Let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dorothy_Jane Dropbox Staff
    Abe D.2 New member | Level 1
    Antonio C.10 New member | Level 1
    Rudyard M. New member | Level 1
    Iain G.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?