cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Files transfer

Changed email and password for my Dropbox account and lost my files?

Deuce67
Explorer | Level 3

I just updated my email and password for my DropBox account.  When I log in under the new id information, there are no files in the account . I thought they would be automatically transferred or updated but it doesn't appear that way.  Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

They are, if you update the email everything changes to that email. So, if it isnt happening the email hasnt updated and you've almost certainly set up a new account. Have you tried logging in to the old account again to see what happens?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Deuce67
Explorer | Level 3

I think you are right, I created a new account.  I don;t have the password for the old Drop Box account, and the email is no longer functional so can't reset the password.  I will try to contact DropBox directly on Monday and explain the situation.  Thank you!

Need more support?