cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing email

Changing email

SC1313
New member | Level 2

Hi

The email I set up my account with is no longer active. When I sign in to my account, a verification code is being sent to the expired email address. How can I access my dropbox account without access to the verification code?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@SC1313 wrote:

The email I set up my account with is no longer active. When I sign in to my account, a verification code is being sent to the expired email address. How can I access my dropbox account without access to the verification code?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Rich
Super User II

@SC1313 wrote:

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

SC131313
New member | Level 2
Thank you.

ecvanbeek
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

ik heb een nieuw e-mailadres en ben mijn wachtwoord kwijt. Als ik een nieuw wachtwoord vraag wordt deze naar mijn oude niet meer betaande e-mailadres gestuurd. Hoe kan ik bij mijn oude dropboxgegevens

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @ecvanbeek - sorry to hear about this.

Have you by any chance tried re-creating the email address perhaps? 

Do you happen to have linked any devices to the account in the past? 

If not, I'm afraid we won't be able to help much without access to the email address that's associated with the Dropbox account in question. 

---

Hallo @ecvanbeek, sorry om dit te horen.

Heb je toevallig geprobeerd het e-mailadres opnieuw aan te maken?

Heeft u in het verleden toevallig apparaten aan het account gekoppeld?

Als dat niet het geval is, ben ik bang dat we niet veel kunnen helpen zonder toegang tot het e-mailadres dat aan het betreffende Dropbox-account is gekoppeld.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

PruePlace
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same problem. Did you find a way to get back into your dropbox account? Thanks

PruePlace
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Are you saying we will lose all of our data in the dropbox account if we do not have access to our original email?  

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @PruePlace, sorry to see you're having this issue.

Would it be possible to reinstate or recreate the email address, so that you can try and login?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

diegorodrigo
New member | Level 2

Greetings

I've had a Dropbox Plus account, I've paid recently for a full year, which was merged with a Team account for a project for several years, now the project is over and the Team manager disabled my account and I can't access my files or account since the email I've used is not functioning anymore, and since the Team admin disabled the account he can't revert the change

Mark
Super User II

He can revert the change as long as its within 7 days - if its longer than that your files will also have been lost (unless they chose the backup option). 

If he cannot move you out of the team rather than delete you need to set up a new account. The money for your payment, however, will have gone to the Team when you joined so you need to speak to them for it

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    abueljebain Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    diegorodrigo New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?