cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We recently received a question asking for advice on how to set up a Dropbox account for an elderly family member. This prompted us to think about the different ways we can make Dropbox more accessible in general, learn about it and add your tips right over here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

How do I make Dropbox ask for a password when I log in?

How do I make Dropbox ask for a password when I log in?

KimSlattery
New member | Level 2

I do not need a password to log in to my Dropbox at work. I need to know how to set up the password so that it asks you to put in a password every time I open Dropbox. Does anyone know how to do this?

2 Replies 2

Re: How do I make Dropbox ask for a password when I log in?

Rich
Super User II

@KimSlattery wrote:

I do not need a password to log in to my Dropbox at work. I need to know how to set up the password so that it asks you to put in a password every time I open Dropbox. Does anyone know how to do this?

You can't. Dropbox only uses your password to link a device to your account. Once linked, Dropbox uses a secure token for authentication and no longer needs your password.

Secure your computer instead. If you set a password for the account you use on your computer, then no one else can use the computer as you, which also protects your Dropbox.

Re: How do I make Dropbox ask for a password when I log in?

MT-Tester
Helpful | Level 6
@KimSlattery
U can use a third-party file and folder lock software for Windows to protect with password your Dropbox folder.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MT-Tester Helpful | Level 6
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?