cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacOS notification spam asking to upgrade to file provider - can we disable it?

MacOS notification spam asking to upgrade to file provider - can we disable it?

anmolah
New member | Level 2

I've been receiving constant notification noise on my Mac asking me to "upgrade" to the new file provider stuff. Completely unacceptable bugging paying customers this way, especially given the file provider stuff does NOT have feature parity yet (https://help.dropbox.com/installs/macos-support-for-expected-changes)

Can you please give us an option of disabling these?  I will be canceling my dropbox subscription otherwise, it's been months of this!

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I’m sorry to hear about this, @anmolah

Next time you see this notification, can you please take a screenshot of it and send it over? Do you see an option to ignore the update, but you still get the notification later on?

What’s the OS version of your device, as well as the app version that Dropbox is running on it?

I’d like to gather as much info as possible and forward it to our team.

Keep me posted.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

anmolah
New member | Level 2

Response form dropbox support for anyone else who stumbles upon this:

"You cannot disable the notifications that prompt you to upgrade to Dropbox for macOS. We highly suggest you update your app!"

It's unacceptable treating paid customers like this. I will be canceling my dropbox subscription and asking for a prorated refunded. I've been a paid dropbox customer for over five years and love how it just works across platforms for the most part, but the noise is a dealbreaker.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

anmolah New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?