cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone not working in Dropbox Capture app

Microphone not working in Dropbox Capture app

francescobettio
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I have a Macbook Pro M1 and can't select any microphone in the Capture app. This is just a problem with this app because, with others like Loom, it

works. I tried also with an external microphone but it still doesn't work.Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 15.26.43.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike DBX
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

Hi @francescobettio,

Thanks for reaching out!  I believe you're using macOS Sonoma, which indeed has an issue currently where Dropbox Capture may not properly detect microphones.  We've resolved this issue, but the fix won't be released until next week (in version 107).

Please hang tight until after version 107 of Dropbox Capture is released next week (most likely on Wednesday), and then give Capture another try after installing the update via the "Check for updates" option in the 3-dot menu in the top right corner of the app.

You can verify which version of Capture you're currently running by going to the "Preferences" section and scrolling to the bottom.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @francescobettio, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you tried quitting the Capture app and re-opening it, to see if that helps?

If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling it as well.

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

francescobettio
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, already tried both multiple times, with no results

Mike DBX
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

Hi @francescobettio,

Thanks for reaching out!  I believe you're using macOS Sonoma, which indeed has an issue currently where Dropbox Capture may not properly detect microphones.  We've resolved this issue, but the fix won't be released until next week (in version 107).

Please hang tight until after version 107 of Dropbox Capture is released next week (most likely on Wednesday), and then give Capture another try after installing the update via the "Check for updates" option in the 3-dot menu in the top right corner of the app.

You can verify which version of Capture you're currently running by going to the "Preferences" section and scrolling to the bottom.

francescobettio
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ok, thank you so much!

Mike DBX
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

We just launched v107.5.0 moments ago, you should be able to check for updates in the "3-dot" menu in the Capture desktop app, update, and give this another try @francescobettio!

francescobettio
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, now it works perfectly!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

francescobettio New member | Level 2
    Mike DBX Dropbox Engineer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?