cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250MB bonus storage

250MB bonus storage

DebbieOB
Helpful | Level 5

I completed 5 of 7 tasks on "Getting Started", but it is not showing "completed" for downloading to my computer, but I did that and can show printscreens to prove it.  How do I get credit for that task?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DebbieOB
Helpful | Level 5

I managed to get credit for a "completed task" by uninstalling Dropbox from my computer and reinstalling. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Is it on a computer - i.e. you have downloaded from www.dropbox.com/downloading and NOT from an app store? 

It has to be installed on an actual computer and not a mobile or tablet - it has to therefore create the Dropbox folder on your machine. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DebbieOB
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, it is on a Dell windows computer and so never use the app store for downloads.  Honestly, I've had it downloaded for a while and never knew about the "get started" option for free storage, so I was surprised that it only had some of the tasks "completed" but now the download one. 

DebbieOB
Helpful | Level 5

I managed to get credit for a "completed task" by uninstalling Dropbox from my computer and reinstalling. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DebbieOB Helpful | Level 5
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?