cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to selectively sync my folders on my iPhone like I do on my desktop to save space on my p

I want to selectively sync my folders on my iPhone like I do on my desktop to save space on my phone

nieks
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The selective sync feature on the desktop is great.  But I cannot figure out how to do the same on my phone.  I don't want all of my dropbox to sync to my phone, only some.  Is this possible?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
On a mobile you dont need to do this because within Dropbox they are not using up space 🙂

If you mean delete from your camera roll then it would be via the usual ways of doing it (on iPhone choose 'select' and tap the ones you want to delete before hitting the bin icon).

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

ernstMreicher58
Super User
Go to solution

when they are synced to DB you can remove them from the camera/foto app but not from DB app!!!!

What you see in the camera/foto app are fotos on your mobile

What you see in DB app fotos tab is a mirror view of your fotos in DB.

Falls Ihnen meine Antwort gefallen oder geholfen hat, können Sie mir ein "Kudo" (Like) geben oder "Als Lösung akzeptieren" anklicken.
If you like my answer or find it helpful you could give me a "Kudo" (Like) or click at "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ernstMreicher58
Super User
Go to solution

on mobile devices there is no selective sync because files are not synced to the device.

It´s the other way round:

you can define files and folders to be downloaded on the mobile device for offline access.

Falls Ihnen meine Antwort gefallen oder geholfen hat, können Sie mir ein "Kudo" (Like) geben oder "Als Lösung akzeptieren" anklicken.
If you like my answer or find it helpful you could give me a "Kudo" (Like) or click at "Accept as Solution"

nieks
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Ok thank you. So how do I remove the photos from my device to free up space, but keep them on my online Dropbox?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
On a mobile you dont need to do this because within Dropbox they are not using up space 🙂

If you mean delete from your camera roll then it would be via the usual ways of doing it (on iPhone choose 'select' and tap the ones you want to delete before hitting the bin icon).

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ernstMreicher58
Super User
Go to solution

when they are synced to DB you can remove them from the camera/foto app but not from DB app!!!!

What you see in the camera/foto app are fotos on your mobile

What you see in DB app fotos tab is a mirror view of your fotos in DB.

nieks
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Ok got it, thank you!

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/forums/postpage/category-id/101001000]

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?