cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Adobe not downloading online only files from projects

Adobe not downloading online only files from projects

TBirds
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi All,

after updating to MacOS 12.3 I have not been able to open project files (Premiere/After Effects) without errors of not finding files that are in dropbox as 'online only'. Prior to the Mac update all files would auto download to be on my machine locally. I know there's an issue with full support for OS 12.3... any updates or solutions folks have found?

thanks 

91 Replies 91

AbelG
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

And now we have a new MacOS, MacOS Sonoma, we have to wait another year to make things go find DROPBOX???

funwin
Helpful | Level 6

This is a great article to help - https://help.dropbox.com/installs/macos-for-teams

But what if not all of your team are running macOS 12.5 or later?

jesusbarros
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not yet a solution for this? is really awful to work with this issue... I lose hours getting a single After effects project to work

j2762mm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yeah, not a word from Dropbox, I just forked over another $2000 for our business's service and here we are, still suffering with this issue and losing tons of time so many months later. This should be one of their top priorities, I don't understand what's going on here.

David_Thru
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is how is working for us. We changed the name of the main project folder, just added a "_1" to the end. If you change it and you reopen the AE file, everything works. So weird, but it works, is not the best solution. But much better than downloading all the folder to your local server.

stynd
Helpful | Level 5

Didn't work for me

stynd
Helpful | Level 5

Is this fixed yet? unworkable right now

ZoneStudio
New member | Level 2

We really need this too. A lot.

Planet Nutshell
Helpful | Level 6

Is this now working in Mac OS Sonoma? Has anyone tried it? 

toonfolk
Explorer | Level 4

I just updated today to try and fix the problem, and have v14 Sonoma now, and dropbox still wont auto download online-only files within adobe programs. Really really disappointing.

Need more support?