cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

CEBR
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I also have success opening an encrypted file within Dropbox after updated 14.4 IOS update.  Thanks for everyone's help and input.

hardingt12345
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue with Office documents - this is how I protect my passwords - cannot open on IPhone

Nealwald
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Update to iOS 14.4. This resolves the issue

humdrumer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, i use dropbox for my files, which i have used in dropbox for reading many years. Some of my files is protected by password. It is some time ago when i can't open these protected files. When I'm trying enter my password the Dropbox say: Decryption failed.

Can someone help me with solution please.

Thank you ...

CEBR
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

PLEASE READ most recent message thread. On Apple devices (phone & iPad) this is resolved by updating these devices to IOS 14.4

RRB74
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Updating to IOS 14.4 has worked for me too!

Everitt
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

On my IPad. If I try to open a Word document from Dropbox it won't open. Says in won't decrypt. If I go through the Word icon and then search through to the document of Dropbox it will open. The document has a password but using this makes no difference. This did not used to happen. How do I get around this problem. Please.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I hope you're well today @Everitt!

We had some similar reports, and many noted that updating to the latest iOS version resolved this for them here.

Can you check if you have any pending OS updates to see if that does the trick?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Everitt
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

That seems to work. Cheers

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Happy to hear that @Everitt!

Feel free to give me a shout if you need anything else - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?