cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received files via text messages in my phonefrom a friends Dropbox. How do I get them into my Dropbox to open and view them?

I received files via text messages in my phonefrom a friends Dropbox. How do I get them into my Dropbox to open and view them?

tommy v.
New member | Level 1

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

Dropbox doesn't send files via a text message. If all they did was send you a link to a file (and they happened to use a text message to do it) you'll need to open the link on a computer.

tommy v.
New member | Level 1

I got 3 text messages in my phone, and each had video files with the word Dropbox in the link, and my friend said he used Dropbox to send them. I opened one successfully in my phone messages, and then forwarded all 3 to my email, so the files were in the computer, but still couldn't open the other 2. I kept getting an error message saying Dropbox couldn't find the files, and I can't figure out how to get them in Dropbox. Thanks for your help!

Mark
Super User II

It isnt Dropbox thats done that Tommy. 

As Rich said, Dropbox does not send files via Text. 

I suggest going back to your friend and asking for the other two files to be resent to you. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

tommy v.
New member | Level 1

Thanks for the info. Will do!

Marie L.6
New member | Level 1

My old Windows Vista pc is on its death bed.  Can I sync all my Dropbox pictures with my Samsung Galaxy tablet since it is Android?  I don't have the Dropbox app on my tablet.  I'm sure I must get the app to transfer pictures, if it can be done at all.

Mark
Super User II

Please do not hijack treads Marie. Find an relevant one or start your own. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Marie L.6 New member | Level 1
    tommy v. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?