cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Offline Online Green checkmark / Cloud icon indicators not visible / Finder MacOs 12.3 M1

Offline Online Green checkmark / Cloud icon indicators not visible / Finder MacOs 12.3 M1

Luc-FJ
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Hi, was wondering if the Green / partially green and Cloud icon indicators for Selective sync inside finder are coming back soon? I know that you're working on a fix with new Macs and online previewing, is this part of the same problem?

Dropbox v145.4.4921
MacOs 12.3 M1

Hope to hear from you, makes it really hard to get an indication which folders and files are stored locally.

Greetings.

13 Replies 13

Luc-FJ
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Hi @Walter ,

I wanted to quickly reopen this subject because sadly this problem is still driving me nuts :). It's true that the solution that you gave will eventually give some folders their icons back, but I think this is only true for 5%. The rest of the folders and files will still be non-visible. 

Hope your tech team can figure out why some machines do have this problem!

MacBook Pro M1 2020, macOS 13.1

DB version v166.4.2920

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi from me as well, @Luc-FJ! I hope you don’t mind me jumping in. 

Just to clarify, have your syncing icons disappeared again from your files/folders within your Finder? 

Do you see syncing icons on some files, while there are no syncing icons on others instead?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Luc-FJ
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Hi @Nancy 

Indeed, the green checkmark and cloud icons are disappearing quite often, read always ;). Even with the trick that was provided some of them stay(ed) only for a couple of hours. So it does work for some, but sadly not for all and not for long.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Luc-FJ, could you let us know if you're on the new Mac OS version of the Dropbox desktop application?

You can confirm this by seeing if the Dropbox folder location is in CloudStorage.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?