cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing link to co-workers and using what they starred/commented!

Sharing link to co-workers and using what they starred/commented!

fernandop
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello, I'll like to find a not so complex way of viewing comments and starred images after I share my dropbox link files with my co-workers. When I share the folder link they are able to add stars or comments but I can't see what they picked (stars) or the comments. It seems like a very simple thing, at least I thought it was, but I guess I'm missing something. Has any one of you figured out a way to do this? I would really appreciate if you share your take for this kinds of situations. 

Fernando.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@fernandop wrote:

When I share the folder link they are able to add stars or comments but I can't see what they picked (stars) or the comments.

You can't see what other people star. Starring a file or folder is like marking it as a favorite so it's easier to access. It serves no other purpose. If someone has left a comment on a file using the Dropbox comments feature, then you can view it via the Dropbox website. Refer to this help article for information on accessing comments left on a file.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@fernandop wrote:

When I share the folder link they are able to add stars or comments but I can't see what they picked (stars) or the comments.

You can't see what other people star. Starring a file or folder is like marking it as a favorite so it's easier to access. It serves no other purpose. If someone has left a comment on a file using the Dropbox comments feature, then you can view it via the Dropbox website. Refer to this help article for information on accessing comments left on a file.

fernandop
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you for your response. For us dropbox has turned into a must have. Here is why, I've backed my computer with dropbox which allows me to right click any folder and share the link of a folder "in my computer" and share the link with my marketing team. In this case the folder has photos and they usually pick (star) the ones they want to move forward with. Obviously I can see their comments but they need to copy the image names and list them in our project management app (Wrike). We have been working with this option but it will save us so much time if we can see what the team has marked/picked with stars. Or maybe if dropbox can add color highlights to showcase certain files from the team.

amelia-vibe
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

There needs to be a 'starred' which only you can see and a favorites or 'hearted' for everyone that has access to that folder to see. Or an upvote or like button on files so that multiple people can like the photo and you can see who gave a like. !!!! please DropBox come ON.

Lindy408
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Right on Amelia! I send photos from my shoots via Dropbox to my clients. It would be SO helpful if I could see which ones they liked and wanted to order simply by starring their choices instead of having to email me all the image numbers. Come on Dropbox!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lindy408 New member | Level 2
    amelia-vibe Explorer | Level 4
    fernandop Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?