cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox iOS Core SDK - How to continue downloads in background or when the screen is locked?

Dropbox iOS Core SDK - How to continue downloads in background or when the screen is locked?

priya t.
New member | Level 1

The download stops in iOS [Core SDK] when the screen is locked or when the app is inactive. As per iOS standards, the download should continue up to 10 minutes and NSURLSession takes care of it. But in iOS Core SDK, the download stops as soon as the screen is locked. If I use BackgroundTaskIdentifier, this problem is solved. Can you please help me with this? Is there any other solution for this?

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately, the Dropbox iOS Core SDK doesn't provide any background support for you. It's mainly just a wrapper around calling the Core API HTTP endpoints. It also doesn't use NSURLSession. That being the case, if you need background support you'll need to implement that into your app using Apple's standard background task APIs, as you mentioned:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/iPhone/Conceptual/iPhoneOSProgrammingGuide/Bac...

I don't believe we have any samples available that do that with the iOS Core SDK though.

Sorry I don't have any better resources available for you, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

priya t.
New member | Level 1

thanks @Gregory.

tipplersrebellion
New member | Level 2

Locked screen while downloading files. I have an android 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

priya t. New member | Level 1
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    tipplersrebellion New member | Level 2