cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/list_folder/continue Always empty

/list_folder/continue Always empty

Travis G.7
New member | Level 2

I can't seem to return files from the /list_folder/continue API v2.

I am using a development app with auto generated access token to do the following:

1. Call /list_folder/get_latest_cursor - which returns a cursor

2. Call /list_folder/continue - with the cursor just retrieved from the previous call.

The { entries: [] } property is always empty. Can't get any files back from it, no matter which cursor I'm using, even with recent modifications to files in the app directory.

Even if I use the cursor returned by /list_folder, it still returns empty.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

/list_folder/continue should return files that have changed since the time you got the cursor. Have you made file changes since obtaining the cursor? Also check if you're passing true or false for the "recursive" field. (Perhaps the file changes you made are to a subfolder, but you're using making a non-recursive call to /list_folder/continue?)

Travis G.7
New member | Level 2

Thanks Steve - didn't realize I needed to store a cursor on my local side. I assumed the /list_folder/get_latest_cursor would give me a cursor which would show the latest changes...

I just grabbed a cursor, made a change, and used the cursor, and got the results I expected.

Thanks for the super-fast response 🙂

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

My pleasure! I'm glad you got things working.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Steve M. Dropbox Staff
    Travis G.7 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?