cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you remove the space in the dropbox folder name ("Dropbox (Company-Name)")?

Can you remove the space in the dropbox folder name ("Dropbox (Company-Name)")?

Vincent M.9
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm using my companies business dropbox account. And it created a folder called "Dropbox (my companies name here)".

Is there a way to remove the space between "Dropbox" and "("? I don't want to have a space in the path. So the folder name will become "Dropbox-Company" or "Dropbox_Company" or something, but not space.

It seems impossible.

138 Replies 138

Brandon K.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is very frustrating. My company went with Dropbox upon my recommendation, and now we cant flash our firmware to our device, because the flashing software complains about the space. This basically makes our Dropbox account useless. It is such a simple fix, and yet I don't understand why it hasn't been fixed yet...

Peter W.58
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is an issue when running npm installs on Mac as well, for those of us trying to actually use Dropbox to the fullest.

Héctor M.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here. I need that space to get removed! Or maybe a way to revert to the pre-business (personal) Dropbox account.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Exit the Dropbox app. Make a note of the current Dropbox folder name and rename it to what you need it to be. Create a symbolic link to the newly renamed folder name using the name it previous had. Restart the Dropbox client.

This is a solution that was posted by a Dropboxer a little over a week ago, but that does not mean that it's a supported solution. Simply put, you're on your own to get it to work and there's no guarantee that it will always work with future updates.

Ryan D.12
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That space is a pebble in my shoe. Not to mention the parentheses.

John Y.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same problem, Need to eliminate the space and "()", I really want Business account but the Space and "()" is not working with many programs.

Harry P.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

workaround for me on Windows 10 is   :   mklink \J Dropbox_CO "Dropbox (CO)"

Dropbox sort it out, this issue has so many potential issues and is an easy fix. Raised in August 2015!! Either replace the spaces with another character or give the user control.

Emiliano P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I hope this gets fixed soon. The space creates a lot of issues for me as well. 

Pouya B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Has anyone done anything about this issue? I'm having difficulty with this on linux.

Dawn E.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

More issues here due to the same, please address this Dropbox.  I would actually like to use my business account for its intended purpose!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

shinbeth Experienced | Level 13
    chrisleathers Helpful | Level 5
    cjrhoads Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?